Standard Cancellation and Returns Policy - Online Orders placed via Jarrold.co.uk
If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in a new and unused condition within 30 days of receiving it and we will issue a refund*.
By ‘new and unused’ we expect this to mean that you've kept all original packaging and labels , and that it is in a undamaged and unused condition (excludes normal examination of the product as you might do in store).
- Please fill in the returns section on your invoice and return the item/s to us ensuring they are sent in a secure package. A taped down shoe box or a returns address label on a product means the item will not be considered to be in an unused condition and it may be returned to you.
- Alternatively, you are able to return your order to our department store in Norwich. Please follow step 1 and return to Customer Services on Floor 2 of our department store. If you would like to return your order to one of our branches, please follow step 1 and take to the branch of your choice. A list of our stores can be found here
- Refunds will be against the card used to make the original payment following inspection of the returned goods, normally within 7 working days. Return documentation is included with the goods when dispatched to you.
- We recommend that a verifiable method of return delivery is used, as proof of posting cannot be taken as proof of receipt.
*See Returns Postage Responsibility for information of postage charges
Right to cancel
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good.
To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us Jarrold and Sons, 1-11 London Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1JF, 01603 697150, firstname.lastname@example.org, of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than – (a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or (b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or (c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
The right to cancel does not apply to the following kind of contracts:
- Contracts for the supply of goods that are made to the consumer’s specifications or are clearly personalised.
- Contracts for the supply of goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly, which includes Hampers.
- Contracts for the supply of sealed goods or other goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery. (This will probably be the case for make-up items like lipstick or underwear, swimwear, earrings or sterile items where the hygiene seal is broken or removed.)
- Contracts for the supply of goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items.
- Contracts for the supply of sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software which were unsealed after delivery.
- Contracts for the supply of Gift Hampers
Please contact us directly you have any questions as to whether the product you have purchased or wish to cancel complies to one of the right to cancel exemptions.
Information on consumer’s liability for diminished value of goods
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods
- Please return any unwanted item, unless faulty, in its original condtion. We'd expect this to mean that you've kept all original packaging and labels and that it's undamaged and unused (excludes normal examination of the product as you might do in store).
- Make sure you securely package the goods. A taped down shoe box or a label on a product means the item will not be considered to be in an unused condition and it maybe returned to you.
Information on consumer’s liability for compensation of supplied services
If you requested to begin the performance of services during the cancellation period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been performed until you have communicated us your cancellation from this contract, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract
Shortages or Delivery Errors*
If you find your order is missing an item, or there are other delivery errors (including incorrect items or damaged stock) please let us know within 7 days of receiving it so that we can attempt to rectify the issue immediately.
*None of the above conditions affect your statutory rights when goods are faulty, or not as described.
Returns Postage Responsibility
Please note that unless your item is faulty, or delivered in error, you are responsible for the cost of the postage back to us. This is in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations. On reciept of your goods we will refund the item and the standard cost of the delivery charge which you paid at the time of your order to receive your goods. We will not refund the difference you paid between the basic delivery charge and any premium delivery charges.
Instore Returns Policy
We are happy to give a full refund if goods are returned within 28 days with a receipt and in their original condition*.
Sale goods must be returned within 14 days with a receipt and in their original condition*.
Due to hygiene reasons, unless faulty we cannot accept returns for earrings, quilts, pillows, mattress toppers, mattress protection, hosiery or lingerie and swimwear without the hygiene strip.
Perishable items purchased in The Deli may be exempt from returns, please ask at the time of purchase for further details.
This does not affect your statutory rights.