CLICK HERE FOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO FURNITURE SALES
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Welcome to the www.jarrold.co.uk website. This website is owned and operated by Jarrold and Sons Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 75278 and whose registered address is Whitefriars, Norwich NR3 1SH. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website and by accessing this website and/or placing an order you agree to the terms and conditions as set out below. These terms and conditions may be changed at any time without notice, and we therefore recommend that you check these each time you revisit the site.
If you do not agree with our terms and conditions, please do not use the website. Should you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions, please contact email@example.com.
How to Order
- Browse for products using the online catalogue.
- Select required item(s) and add them to your shopping basket. Contents of the basket can be checked and amended at any time by using the "View Basket" facility,
- When you are happy with your order, continue through the Checkout to payment. We accept payment by MasterCard, Visa and Visa Debit.
If you have any problems with the ordering process or require additional product information, please contact our Internet Orders team on 01603 697150, between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively you can email using the "Contact Us" button. Our Internet Order team will endeavour to reply to messages within two working days. "Working day" in this context means Monday to Friday, and excludes Saturday & Sunday and Bank Holidays.
We will take all reasonable care to keep the details of your order and payment secure. We do not hold or store any of your credit or debit card details on our systems (see "Secure Payment" page) In the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from our Website.
Your placing an order and our subsequent order acknowledgement does not constitute the formation of a contract. Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the dispatch to you of the products ordered (unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order).
All payments are processed through Sagepay, the largest online payment service provider in the UK. As a result we do not hold any of your card details on our systems. Full details of the Sagepay privacy and security policies can be found on their website at www.Sagepay.com. Payment is made at the time your order is placed.
Click here for full delivery information
Returns Postage Responsibility
Please note that unless your item is faulty, or delivered in error, then you are responsible for the cost of the postage back to us. This is in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations
Upon registration you will choose a confidential password. You will be responsible for all orders placed through your account so you should make sure that you keep your details safe and confidential.
All prices we show on the website are inclusive of VAT.
If the item is out of stock we will cancel your order, send you a cancellation email and refund your payment.
The following exemptions apply to customers using a voucher code.
1. Only one Voucher code per customer. 2. Excludes Gift cards. 3. Cannot be exchanged for cash. If any of the terms are contravened then the transaction will be reversed.
If you have any enquiries please call our Internet Order Help Desk on 01603 697150 (normal charge rates apply)
Or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at: Internet Orders, Jarrold, 1-11 London Street, Norwich, NR2 1JF
Limitation of Liability
We will only be liable for losses which are foreseeable to both you and to us as a consequence of us breaching these terms and caused by our own negligence. We will not be responsible for any commercial or business losses (including without limit loss of goodwill, profits, contracts, anticipated savings, data, or wasted expenditure) or any other indirect or consequential loss that was not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us at the time our contract was formed, or at the time you began using the website. It is the customers responsibility to ensure we are provided the card and delivery information at the time of order. We do not exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Nothing in these terms shall affect your statutory rights. If you have any doubts as to your statutory rights then you should contact your Local Citizens Advice Bureau or refer to the Office of Fair Trading website (www.oft.gov.uk).
Third Party Sites
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained on this website is either owned by us or has been licensed to us by the rights owners. The website contains trademarks, including the Jarrold name, the Jarrold logo and any related domain name addresses which belong to us or have been licensed to us by the trademark owner for use on the website. Use of these trademarks is forbidden unless prior written permission has been obtained from the owner of the trademark.
You may access any part of the site and download or copy material (by printing off individual pages on to paper) or download material onto disc for personal non-commercial use only. You may not, for instance, copy any product details, images or reviews for use in relation to any other website. The copyright in such material shall be retained by us or where the material has been licensed to us, by the rights owners of the material.
You may not remove any copyright, trademark or intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material downloaded or copied from our website.
Jarrold.co.uk may sell products containing intoxicating liquor. For clarity a drink containing alcohol is classified as intoxicating if it contains more than 0.5% of alcohol by volume (0.5% abv).
Under the Licensing Act 2013 it is an offence to purchase or attempt to purchase alcoholic liquor if you are under the age of 18.
Jarrold.co.uk is committed to upholding both their legal and social obligations as a retailer of intoxicating liquor. To achieve this we have a number of control checks throughout the purchase and physical distribution process (e.g. requesting your date of birth when the order is placed).
In accepting these Conditions you agree to provide Jarrold.co.uk truthful and accurate information and act in accordance with the Licensing Act of 2013.
If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Product(s) from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
If you are buying any Product(s) as a gift the recipient must also be over 18 years old.
Save as expressly provided, these terms are not intended to confer any benefit on a third party under the provision of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to us.
We reserve the right to decline to supply any individual or company. We reserve the right at any time to suspend or terminate your access to or use of the website. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any Court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
We will not be liable to you in the event that we are prevented by circumstances beyond our control from delivering any product which you have ordered.
The failure by us to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
These terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the relevant United Kingdom law. The courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matters arising from these terms, your use of the website or the supply of products by us.
250 Club Terms and Conditions
Jarrold and Sons Ltd 250 club (‘the Club’) provides a wide range of preferential benefits and offers to its members.
You must be 18 years of age or over and a UK resident for the entire period for which you are a member. No corporate or business use or membership. Please note that staff may be excluded from certain events, prize draws and experiences. See individual terms and conditions for more information and qualification.
- Activation and Registration
Your Club membership is not transferable once activated. The club is by invitation only and is not available to all customers at this time. If you do not have a valid email address you can update your details online by creating an account or logging into your existing online account. You will need to provide a valid mobile or land line number and postal address. Without a valid email address, you will not receive all the regular offers and benefits associated with the Club. It is your responsibility to ensure that all your personal details are kept up to date and Jarrold will not be responsible for any lost, delayed or undeliverable communications if you do not do so.
- Rewards and benefits of the Club
As a member you will benefit from offers and promotions personalised for you. Inclusions and exclusions will apply and may change.
You can terminate your Club membership at any time online by logging in to the My Account area of the Jarrold website and opting out of all marketing communications. When you have opted out we will cease to communicate to you about the 250 Club. We can terminate your Club membership immediately if at any time, you are, or we reasonably suspect you may be, acting fraudulently or in breach of these terms. If your membership has been inactive for 12 months we will review it and in our discretion, choose to suspend your account.
- Making changes to the Club
We can make changes to the eligibility requirements, the benefits and the terms of the Club at any time, or at our reasonable discretion if it is required for the continuing administration of the Club. Material changes will be communicated to you via email or postal communication. We reserve the right to withdraw or cancel the Club at any time giving members seven days’ notice of termination in writing (via email or postal communications).
If you have any questions about the Club, then please email us at email@example.com
The laws of England and Wales apply to these terms and our dealings with you in connection with the Club. The terms are in English and any communications we send to you will be in English.
These terms correct as of June 2017.
General Competition Terms & Conditions
The terms apply to any competition run by Jarrold, Pilch Sport or The Granary. Exceptions, or specific terms will be referenced below.
1. No Purchase necessary, one entry per customer. 2. Prize is not transferable and cannot be refunded. 3. There is no cash alternative. 4. Competition is not open to Jarrold employees or their immediate family. 5. Winner's first name and county can be obtained from Jarrold Marketing Department, Marketing Manager's decision is final. 6. Winners will be notified within 7 days of the competition closing. 7. Jarrold will not pass your details on to any other companies outside of Jarrold (Which includes Jarrold, Pilch Sport and The Granary). 8. Closing date is specific to each individual competition. 9. Entry into the draw implies acceptance of these conditions.
Promoter Jarrolds Norwich NR2 1JF
Beauty Spend £50 get a £10 Promotional Voucher Terms and Conditions.
1. Qualifying £50 beauty spend excludes price matched items. 2. £50 spend in a single transaction. 3. £10 gift voucher can be redeemed anywhere in store. 4. See voucher for expiry date. 5. One voucher per customer. 6. One voucher can be issued or redeemed per transaction. 7. Cannot be exchanged for cash and no change will be given. 8. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. 9. Excludes Jo Malone London. 10. Mutilated, damaged or defaced vouchers cannot be exchanged. 11. Any cash or card refund would be limited to the amount paid. 12. The voucher may be exchanged for goods of a higher price than the face value of the voucher on payment of the difference and must be used by the expiry date printed on the front of this voucher
'Buy One Get One Half Price' Book Offer Terms and Conditions
1. Offer only applies to books displaying the Buy One Get One Half Price Offer. View more books included in this offer on our Buy One Get One Half Price Books page. 2. The 50% discount will be applied to the lowest priced qualifying item in your order. 3. Your discount will be applied and shown at checkout. 4. Offer is subject to availability and only applies to sales executed during the duration of the offer. 5. This offer may be withdrawn or amended without notice. 6. This offer applies to Books only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or similar offers within other departments. 7. If you subsequently return any of the items the refund you receive will be equal only to the price paid for that item. 8. Other than the terms and conditions applied to this offer, normal Terms & Conditions using the Jarrold website apply.
Jarrold Stationers Student Discount Terms and Conditions
A student is defined as an individual currently enrolled in a full-time or part-time course at an institution of higher education. Jarrold stationery & art shop will offer a 10% student discount to all NUS and NUS extra card holders. To receive the discount a valid NUS or NUS extra card must be present at the time of purchase This discount offer is limited to merchandise and services within the Stationery and art branch as outlined in this agreement and does not apply to merchandise or services in any other Jarrold business or department.
1. The Discount may not be exchanged for cash and is non-transferable. 2. The Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion code. 3. Ink cartridges are excluded from discount. 4. The Discount may not be used to purchase gift cards or to settle store card accounts. 5. Returned items will be refunded at the discounted price paid. 6. Any unwanted items must be returned within 28 days and in saleable condition with the original receipt. 7. This does not affect your statutory rights. 8. Jarrold reserves the right to (i) cancel this offer at any time; (ii) refuse to allow any individual to participate in this offer; and (iii) amend these terms and conditions. 9. In the event of any misuse, we reserve the right to suspend the offer.