Book Department Buyer/Manager
An independent family owned department store in the heart of Norwich, Jarrold offers a unique shopping experience with a carefully sourced and curated selection of products that aim to offer something different. From fashion and food, to books and beauty, our buyers handpick every product to give our customers a unique shopping experience.
We now have an opportunity to recruit a Buyer/Manager for our Book Department. This is an exciting and challenging position which combines the ownership of the buying role with the management of the Book Department.
The successful candidate will be organised, great at negotiation and will have strong networking skills to create and maintain relationships with suppliers and authors. Whilst experience within buying would be ideal, we are also keen to hear from candidates who have relevant experience in the Book industry. As well as experience in the trade, we are looking for someone who has a genuine passion and love for Books.
Customer experience is a priority for Jarrold, we pride ourselves on giving a personal and unique service. The successful candidate must be comfortable working alongside the sales team on the shop floor and must be able to lead by example through talking to and inspiring our customers.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Maintain an excellent product range within our Book Department.
- Effectively manage stock levels and budgets while ensuring a maximum return through an effective buying process.
- Responsible for managing profitability and working within agreed budgets.
- Manage effective promotional activity and seasonal events.
- Develop strong relationships with your suppliers and the retail team.
- Management responsibility for the Book Department.
There will be a requirement to travel to shows and other branches and therefore a clean driving licence is essential. You should also be prepared to work occasional weekends on a rota basis and attend evening events in store when required.
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary, staff discount, pension and car parking.
APPLY ONLINE NOW