Victoria's Banana Cake
"A fantastic traditional family treat, delicious with a cup of tea."
Victoria from our Housewares department shares her yummy banana cake recipe, great to have with a nice cup of tea!
- 125g butter sofened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 table spoons hot milk
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease a 2lb loaf tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time with a table spoon of flour with each egg to prevent curdling. Beat well after adding each egg. Add mashed banana and mix thoroughly.
- Stir the baking soda into hot milk and add to the creamed mixture. Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold into the mixture.
- Pop the mixture into the tin and bake for 50 minutes or until cake surface springs back when lightly touched.