Victoria's American-Style Pancakes
“At Jarrolds, we love these super fluffy American-style pancakes. Add any berries to the recipe for a sweet treat!”
Victoria from our Housewares department shares her pancake receipe, perfect for a change from the usual crepes this Shrove Tuesday, or brilliant for a quick Sunday breakfast.
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 115 g plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 140 ml milk
- 1 pinch salt
- Berries (optional)
Cook time approx. 20 minutes
Amazing with raspberries, maple syrup and crème fraiche!
- Separate the eggs, retaining both the whites and yolks.
- In a large bowl, combine the yolks, flour, milk and bicarb and mix well to make a batter.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs whites along with a pinch of salt into stiff peaks.
- Fold the whites into the batter mixture, being careful not to knock too much air out of the egg whites.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and drop a large spoon of batter into the pan. If you’re using berries, add them now. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side and place on a warm, covered plate while you cook the rest of the batch.