300g self raising
Large pinch of salt
65g butter (room temperature)
2 medium sized eggs
135 ml milk
- Add all ingredients into food mixer, on slow speed (being cautious not to over mix).
- Take out of bowl onto floured table/bench, with a rolling pin, roll to approximately 1 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out, place on a lined baking tray and egg wash (with a separate egg and milk mix).
- Place in pre heated oven 220 degrees or gas mark 7 for 12 to 15 minutes.
- They should be golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Then enjoy!
Or make our famous Cheese Scone!
Follow the above but:
- Replace sultanas with 120g of mature cheddar cheese, 35g dried Parmesan.
- Replace sugar with paprika, cayenne pepper, mustard powder (amount is to the individual required pallet).
- Sprinkle a little cheese on top before placing in oven.