Read our Lips: We Love the Red Pout
With 2014 being all about statement makeup, here at Jarrolds we can’t stop talking about the bold red lip! So how do you find that perfect red that suits you? Our beauty experts have been trialling five fantastic lipsticks, guaranteed to give you a splash of colour to lift you into spring.
Our fabulous contenders:
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery - £15.00
Offering a stunning matt finish, the Stila All Day Liquid Lipstick provides long lasting wear and full coverage. Perfect for at the office and after dinner drinks making it a must have addition to your makeup bag.
Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy in Red Ego - £24.00
New to the stand, Pure Colour Envy by Estee Lauder offers not only complete coverage but also micro droplets to develop moisture in your lips. Comfortable to wear and unbelievably soft, this lipstick is sure to be a best seller. Available in store only.
Benetint Pocket Pal Stain & Gloss - £15.50
Brilliant as a base which can be used also with other lip glosses, the Benetint Pocket Pal Stain & Gloss offers a stunning rose red tint which you can use on both your lips and cheeks. The Lip gloss then seals the colour perfectly giving you a pretty and natural look.
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in Shade 50 - £25.00
The perfect all-rounder, The YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick offers both great coverage and moisture, leaving your lips with a luxurious silky finish. Great for those who suffer from dry lips, this lipstick is incredibly versatile, completing both every day and evening looks.
YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in Shade 101- £25.00
Give your look an invigorating rouge update with the stunning YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats. Not only does this lipstick offer long lasting colour, but it can also carry you through work and play, making this a must-have to carry around with you at all times.
Jarrold’s Red Lip Tips!
Our beauty insider shares her top 5 tips to achieve a flawless pout.
- If you have a darker skin tone, opt for orange tones when experimenting with reds. This will help your skin achieve a natural effortless glow. If you are pale skinned, try reds with pink undertones to maintain colour in your face.
- To achieve precision when applying red lipstick, use a lip brush to apply the colour evenly and accurately to avoid major ‘uh oh’ smudges (please see below)!
- Need to remove a small ‘uh oh’ smudge when applying your lipstick? Just use a good eye makeup remover to stop the smudge from staining!
- Never be afraid to experiment with different lipsticks! You may find that a variety of applicators like lip glosses and pencils do the trick.
- Prime and prime again! To achieve a flawless pout, make sure you exfoliate and condition your lips. Not only will the lip colour sit better, but it will last longer too!
Article by JENNIFER HUDSON | February '14
Special thanks to Anton at Stila