The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this vast, beautiful country.
Enjoy a spectacular sunrise at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, go diving on the Great Barrier Reef or take a road trip on the Great Ocean Road: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Australia with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Australia:
- Over 60 colour maps, including a map of Sydney's transport system, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Australia, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and area plans show in detail Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, life on the Great Barrier Reef, Port Arthur, the Kimberley, the Hunter Valley, each region's main coastline and more
- Colour photographs of Australia's vibrant cities and incredible varied landscape, from stunning coastline to spectacular national parks, mountain views to the vast outback - and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Sydney (the Rocks and Circular Quay; City Centre and Darling Harbour; Botanic Gardens and the Domain; Kings Cross, Darlinghurst and Paddington), New South Wales and the ACT (including the Blue Mountains, the Hunter Valley, Canberra and sights along the coastline), Queensland (including the Great Barrier Reef, Brisbane, Townsville, Fraser Island, the Whitsunday Islands, Port Douglas, Cairns and Daintree National Park), the Northern Territory (including Darwin, Kakudu National Park, Alice Springs, King's Canyon and Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park), Western Australia (including Perth, Margaret River, Rottnest Island, Shark Bay and the Kimberley), South Australia (including Adelaide, Kangaroo Island, Murray River, the Barossa and the Flinders Ranges), Victoria (including Melbourne, the Great Ocean Road, the Yarra Valley and the Australian Alps) and Tasmania
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience:learn about the country's Aboriginal history and culture, epic landscape, flora and fauna, art and culture, World Heritage Areas, festivals and events, and more
- Experience the culture with features on the wines of Australia, surfing and beach culture, Aboriginal art, city architecture, food and drink scene, and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information