Financial Controller (Maternity Cover) – Jarrold Retail
Jarrold is an iconic Norfolk brand based in Norwich. Jarrold’s Retail Division owns and operates the flagship department store in Norwich City Centre as well as 6 other locations and a rapidly growing e-commerce business. Jarrold also operates a training business as well as property and facilities management.
We are now seeking to recruit a temporary Financial Controller to cover for maternity leave of its current Controller. This is a high profile and demanding position and would suit a qualified accountant (ICAEW, ACCA or CIMA preferred) with a strong technical background and experience of managing a small finance team.
Reporting into the Retail Division Finance & Operations Director with a dotted line into the Group Finance Director, the role includes preparation of monthly management accounts for the retail and training divisions, supervision of purchase ledgers, customer accounts and group treasury, compliance with VAT and Intrastat reporting and supervision of day to day financial controls.
Detailed requirements of the role are;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the retail and training divisions to strict deadlines and including cash flow reporting weekly
- Preparation of full year financial accounts for inclusion in the Group year-end accounts
- Liaison with auditors on the year-end accounts
- Management of a small finance team including purchase ledger, customer accounts and treasury
- Review and sign off of bank reconciliations
- Supervision of payroll preparation and compliance
- Ensure balance sheet control accounts are fully reconciled and recorded monthly
- Preparation and review of quarterly Intrastat reports and VAT returns
- Liaise with Customs Agents on import declarations and timely recording of VAT and tariffs on imports
- Preparation of tax analyses for use by the company’s tax advisers
- Support the Retail FD with business improvement projects
- Support to other group businesses on an ad hoc basis as required
An excellent working knowledge of Excel is essential, as is an up to date knowledge of VAT rules. The ability to communicate effectively both within the finance team and with other areas of the business will be important. Previous experience gained within retail or a fast-moving trading would be helpful, but a desire to contribute more widely to the success of the business would be more important.
A competitive salary, dependent on experience, will be available, together with an excellent benefits package.
Please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter for the attention of Tara Tibble, HR Officer
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED