Senior Marketing Manager - Jarrold Retail
Jarrold is an award winning family owned department store located in the heart of Norwich. Offering a unique shopping experience with a carefully sourced and curated selection of merchandise from fashion to food, books to beauty and home. Jarrold is already an established, loved and trusted brand in the region but with big ambition and exciting plans including launching a Loyalty scheme, developing an own brand range and celebrating our 250th birthday next year…as well as a desire for strong and differentiated marketing.
We have an exciting fulltime opportunity for a senior marketing manager to join our management team.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Working closely with the Trading & Marketing Director to develop the marketing strategy, we’re looking for a well-rounded experienced marketing professional to confidently lead our 10 strong marketing team including our in house studio.
Retail and onmichannel experience is preferable along with a proven track record of managing a team, external communication agencies, media, printers and production companies.
Combining providing commercial marketing support to the retail business as well as cut through, standout campaigns to build brand awareness.
- Strong and effective communicator
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Highly developed and demonstrated team working
- Ability to coordinate the work flow of a fast paced retail marketing team
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches and departmental contribution.
- Committed to continuous learning
- Cool under pressure
- Managing and coordinating all of the Companies marketing activity
- Experienced in digital marketing and social media
- Work closely with our ecommerce/CRM manager to maximise the engagement of our Loyalty Club members, developing more tailored, relevant and engaging communication
- Maintain effective internal communication between Trading Directors and Buyers to ensure the marketing function is providing the commercial and creative support required
- Managing the marketing spend and income within the agreed budgets
- Lead and coordinate the creative concept development of key campaigns, recommending external agency input when required
- Monitor and report on campaign and event effectiveness
- Lead key media buying and procurement negotiations
- Responsibility for brand management and corporate identity (consistent branding, content and tone of voice across, all activities)
- Develop more high quality and engaging content for use across our digital marketing platforms including film, EDITS and Social posts
- Oversee the coordination and organisation of all Events
- Responsible for securing extensive PR coverage and developing good media relations, ensuring content adequately reflects the business needs.
- Seek new and innovative ways to build our brand awareness amongst our target audiences, keeping up-to-date with the latest industry trends
- Responsible for developing strong relationships with current and potential relevant strategic partners
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary, colleague discount and parking.
Jarrold offers a fantastic place to work where colleagues are encouraged to embrace personal development opportunities. We truly believe that people create our point of difference.
APPLY ONLINE NOW