Full time / Four days per week may be considered
An independent family owned department store located in the heart of Norwich, Jarrold offers a unique shopping experience with a carefully sourced and curated selection of products (delete rest of sentence). From fashion and food, to books and beauty, our buyers handpick every product to give our customers a unique shopping experience.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fashion Buyer to join our high calibre Buying Team. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the buy on our Womenswear Department.
Previous experience in Fashion Buying is essential along with a strong awareness of current and future trends and a genuine love of fashion.
The successful candidate must be able to evidence skills in sourcing and curating ranges appropriate to the target market, analysis, range planning, budgetary control, negotiation and commercial awareness as well as being highly organised and comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
Our womenswear buyer will:
- Source and select (delete price) ranges appropriate for our target customer profile
- Manage stock levels and budgets while ensuring a maximum return through an effective buying process
- Be responsible for managing profitability and working within agreed budgets and range plans.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
- Manage effective promotional activity and seasonal events alongside the womenswear Department Manager
- Attend trade shows and regularly monitor relevant competitor stores
- Monitor concession ranges and agree action plans to improve selections
- Review layout and brand adjacencies to optimise profit densities
This role will require regular travel to shows and supplier meetings and therefore a clean driving licence is essential. You should also be prepared to work weekends on a rota basis, and attend evening events in store when required.
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary, discount and car parking.
Jarrold offers a fantastic place to work where colleagues are encouraged to embrace personal development opportunities. We truly believe that people create our point of difference.
APPLY ONLINE NOW